We normally wouldn’t do two crowd funding campaigns within 6 months of each other...but 2020 is no ordinary year!
Thanks to all of our sponsors and donors who generously contributed to our appeal in April, we’ve been able to continue caring for 150 vulnerable children in Kenya and Uganda over the last 6 months, while all of our usual fundraising events back in Australia came to a grinding halt during this pandemic.
But as schools start to return in Uganda, Kenya is going back into restrictions and our schools are forced to close yet again...along with the income generated from our fee paying students.
While our team are strategically working on our sustainability and community empowerment plan for the medium/long term to see One Heart come out of this period stronger and able to make a bigger impact, we’d really appreciate your help in the short term to get through 2020 and enable us to further adapt for a ‘Covid-safe’ future.
So we are aiming to raise $25,000 which will enable us to;
- Install new basins to classrooms,
- Install new sleeping arrangements in our boarding facilities
- Extend the provision of ‘community care packs’ for our kids.
- Maintain employment of our core teachers (there’s no government ‘job keeper’ there)
- Stockpile new safety equipment and supplies.
We really appreciate your support,
One Heart Founder/Director