I got my first pair of glasses when I was 8, and .... DID YOU KNOW THAT TREES ACTUALLY HAD LEAVES ON THEM?! It was picked up at school, but unfortunately not all children get this chance! Some kids know they're blurry, their Mum knows, their teacher knows yet they don't have the healthcare available to help them.
I was inspired to be an optometrist because there is a lot of preventable blindness in my family. Sometimes I look back and think "if only I knew more...". Together let's change this, so we no longer have to have these conversations anymore about preventable vision loss from glaucoma, diabetes, poor vision from simply needed a pair of glasses or even cataracts which require a simply surgery.
Your donation means a lot!
*Eyes4Everest is an Incorporated Association registered with the Australian Not for Profit Commission. Eye Care services and associated expenses are covered by our trip volunteers. This means 100% of your donation will go to one of the causes below!
Where does my money go?
- Eyes4Everest Clinic: we hope to raise AU$40,000 to start up our first local clinic with land gifted from the people of Khumjung.
- Spectacles & Sunglasses: give the gift of sight for a child who cannot read the board or book clearly and comfortably. Protect children from snow blindness so they don't have to miss school (AU$20 per pair).
- Support Local Economy: every spectacle & sunglasses are made to order in Kathmandu, and personally delivered by Sherpa guides.
- Creating a Sustainable Future: help us train and provide further experience for our young Sherpa optometrist graduate so she can continue to help mountain communities.
- Medicated Eye Drops: to treat a range of eye infections and diseases (AU$1-5 per bottle)
- Eye Testing Equipment: a Portable Slit Lamp (AU$9,000), a Binocular indirect ophthalmoscope (AU$3,500)