Thank you for viewing our next major project for Tacloban, Philippines.
This project will be once again personally delivered by the awesome UAP Volunteer Team.
We are excited to provide further swimming lessons to 55 kids from disadvantaged families in the Tacloban, Palo & Tanauan regions. These kids are enrolled in the Volunteer for the Visayans (local NGO) Child Sponsorship program. For further information on this wonderful life changing program, please visit their website: http://www.visayans.org/sponsor-a-child
Furthermore we plan to provide some of the children with advanced swimming lessons for them to further develop their skills.
A surprise celebration event is also planned for all of the kids on the final day.
Everyone involved, especially the kids are excited that we will be delivering swim school project #14 (Location: Tacloban, Leyte) & #15 (Location: Tanauan, Leyte).
The overall project cost will cover:-
1) 4 days of swimming lessons at two separate Leyte locations for the 55 children (Tacloban & Tanauan venues)
2) End of program special celebration pool day for all of the kids to enjoy their newly developed swimming skills.
3) Additional advanced swimming lessons for approx 6 children (likely to become our future swimming instructors)
4) Swimming venue hire fees
5) Return transport daily to the swimming venue from their local community
6) Swimwear for any of the children that have outgrown their previously supplied swimwear.
7) Sunblock (sunscreen) protection
8) Use of swimming goggles kindly donated by Elite Swimming in Melbourne, Australia
9) Food & drinks at the conclusion of each daily session plus a self-catered lunch on the final day
10) Surprise final day gifts & prizes if we can secure a generous corporate sponsor again (Any referrals are very much appreciated)
11) Laminated photo keepsake for each child as a souvenir of the event.
All of our projects have a total project cost but ideally we would like sponsorship on a “per child” basis to keep with promise of providing an opportunity for many friends & followers to get involved. Through careful event planning & negotiations, this time we are able to offer a reduced “per child” sponsorship amount of only A$25 (approx US$17.50).
For further information of the last events please view our previous projects like on our website homepage & also take the time to read the recent articles published by our trusted Philippines Aid Partner, Volunteer for the Visayans:-
VFV Article – Swimming Lessons ( http://www.visayans.org/8-people-in-the-philippines-drown-everyday-find-out-what-vfv-is-doing-to-improve-peoples-survival-chances-in-tacloban )
VFV Article – Les & Deb Story ( http://www.visayans.org/the-story-of-les-and-debbie )
Everyone involved in the organising and delivery of this project are donating their own personal time & like with all of our projects there will be no deductions for our own expenses or those of our kind loyal volunteers in the Philippines. 100% of your kind sponsorship donation goes directly to the kids. Our only rewards are the kids smiles & their sincere words of “thank you”.
To get involved & help us with this current project simply click the “Donate” button or contact the team directly.
Salamat (Thank you)!