10,000+ meals provided in this current 18/19 Philippines school year...
Please unite with us on an ongoing Philippines community project that will create change in the lives of 66 kids aged 3 & 4 years old, their families and maintain our recently built kitchen that will benefit many more in the years to come.
This project will compliment our other projects we are providing to the various communities of Tacloban including our ongoing swimming program.
Years in the making but with the wonderful assistance from our trusted Tacloban aid partner, Volunteer for the Visayans (VFV) & local community support in the Philippines, we are now in a position to continue with this project on an ongoing basis.
This nutrition project is based in a Tacloban (small suburb) called Bliss. This is the same community that we call home when delivering most of Tacloban aid projects. We were informed at the beginning of 2016 that the young preschool kids that attended this center would often arrive without breakfast – what a handful these hungry little kids must be for the staff at the center. We worked hard with VFV to design a nutrition project that is now providing 66 young children with the right morning nutrition for the their growing bodies.
In September/October 2016, through a successful fundraising campaign we built a kitchen area which is separate to the center to ensure the kids remain safe & meals can be prepared in relatively hygienic environment. This area at the side of center has a tiled floor, roof, built-in bench/sink and a cooking station on loan from VFV. Construction & painting of this kitchen area was completed just in time for us to personally prepare the first breakfast session in the third week of October 2016.
Your valuable support will cover the cost of:-
1) 4 freshly prepared lunches each school week for all 66 kids.
2) Cooking & serving utensils.
3) Oral hygiene kit for each child comprising of a toothbrush (donated by VFV) & toothpaste for use at the center after their meals.
4) LPG (gas) for the cooking station which is very generously on loan from Volunteer for the Visayans.
5) Water for cooking, as there is currently no running water in the center.
6) Regular individual weight & measurement assessments of the children by VFV staff and/or international volunteers.
7) Daily volunteer assistance from the local parents to prepare the meals under the supervision of VFV.
Also like all of our previous projects, we are all donating our own personal time & rest assured that there will be no deductions for our own expenses or those of our kind Philippines aid partner VFV and their kind international volunteers. 100% of your kind sponsorship donation goes directly to the kids. Our only reward, and yours are the kids smiles & their sincere words of “thank you”.