The Little Friends Scholarship Community Fund has been established to ensure children have the ability to either further their education and/or be able to participate in Educational or Extra Curricula activities that they may not be able to pursue due to the financial impact of Domestic and Family Violence within their family environment.
There are two categories of Scholarships awarded on a bi-annual basis for up to $500 per child:
The Educational category may include, but is not limited to, textbooks, stationary requirements, specialised equipment such as IT or Art supplies or Hospitality uniforms. It may include costs for excursions, camps, access to academic competitions, or school uniforms including shoes, ties and blazers. It may be provided for one item or several items within this category.
The Extra-curricula category may include, but is not limited to, sporting equipment, sport uniforms, tuition costs, training or transport costs. It may include equipment for music, the arts, or it may be for camps, tours, or to cover the costs of representative teams. It may also be used for sign up or registration fees for a sporting season, competition, debating, or some element of the arts. It may be provided for one item or several items within this category.
The Little Friends Scholarship Community Fund is designed to enable the general community to #StepUp and make a difference by raising additional funding to be specifically allocated towards additional Scholarships.
Every cent raised goes towards a $500 block allowing us to award one (1) additional Scholarship; these funds are in addition to incoming funds received from Corporate entities and awarded grants.
By donating even a small amount, these funds all add up and each $500 block increases the amount of Scholarships we can offer. Monies raised through the Community Fund will be utilised on a bi-annual basis in conjunction with each round of Scholarship Applications that are offered twice per year.
Some examples of ways to raise funds under the Little Friends Scholarship Community Fund include (but are not limited to):
- personal one off individual donation (or ongoing monthly);
- hosting an independent fundraising initiative and donating funds raised towards the Community Fund Scholarship Program;
- a Primary / Secondary School or Child Care Centre hosting a dedicated fundraising day by children to support other children by bringing in a gold coin donation (promotional resources can be supplied);
- a Community group holding a fundraiser or BBQ donating funds raised towards supporting the Little Friend Scholarship Community Fund;
- hosting a Workplace fundraiser dedicated specifically for the Little Friends Scholarship Community Fund
** note that all donations over $2 are fully tax deductible and a receipt will automatically be emailed
Little Friends Scholarship Application Terms and Conditions:
- Applications can only be submitted by a person over 18 years of age.
- Applications must be completed by either:
- the Parent or authorised Guardian of the child;
- an authorised Social Worker, GP, School Principal, Counsellor
- Applications must be co-signed by both the Parent / Guardian of the Child AND the - Social Worker, GP, School Principal or Counsellor.
- Children must be between the ages of 5 and 18 years of age at date of application.
- Successful Applicants must provide Receipts with proof of purchase within seven (7) days of funds being paid for auditing purposes.
For more Information about the Little Friends Scholarships please visit our website www.friendswithdignity.org.au/little-friends-scholarship