Margi Gras is an inclusive event in Margaret River (affectionately known as Margi’s), that celebrates equality for everyone after the same sex marriage laws were passed in Australia on 6 December 2017.
The inaugural celebration will be held on 10 February 2018 with the support from local business, donations and a volunteer organising committee.
The vision for Margi Gras is to grow it into a fabulous inclusive annual public event, street party/parade and celebration that attracts visitors and locals alike as well as promotes Margaret River as a wedding destination for all couples.
Margi Gras is accepting expressions of interest and offers from local businesses and individuals who would like to show their support in celebrating equality for everyone to become involved.
We are looking for:
• Cash sponsors – sponsorship packages available
• Donations – My cause page here
• Entertainers – singers, dancers, drag queens, bands, DJs
• Food vendors – stalls and food trucks
• Drink suppliers – wine, beer, spirits, mixers, water
• Event suppliers – lighting, sounds, staging
• Printer – posters, signage, banners
• Merchandisers – t-shirts, hats, balloons, let’s get creative!
• Photographer – to capture the event and supply us and media with high res photos that tell the Margi Gras story
• Videographer – to capture the event and supply us and media with a broadcast quality clips
• Classic car owners – to drive into town to create a spectacle and help make Reuther Park look cool