Port to Port is a 2 day bike ride through scenic national parks, rolling vineyards and along the banks of the mighty Murray River.
The two day bicycle ride starts in Mildura and runs through Swan Hill and on to Echuca. Riders get views of Hattah National Park, rolling vineyards, orange groves and the mighty Murray River as they pedal over the 400km course.
Cyclists leave the Mildura riverfront bright and early on Saturday morning and head down the Calder Highway. At Hattah, they turn and ride on to Wemen for a break and refreshments. Then it is on to the Murray Valley Highway with the Murray River over their left shoulder. After a food break at Boundary Bend, the riders head for Swan Hill and a well earned overnight break.
The Anglicare Victoria Peaceful Warriors Program, provides support to socially disadvantaged and ‘at risk’ boys aged 10 to 17. The program supports the vital connections between the boys and their families, schools and local communities along the challenging pathway to manhood. The Peaceful Warrior program is a preventative and proactive response to the ever dwindling opportunities for boys to develop relationships with positive, caring male role models. The program guards against the risk of them sliding into early school leaving, drug or alcohol dependence, violence and dangerous, risk-taking behaviours.
Aims of the program include:
• To boost involvement of men in boy’s lives and promote strong guiding friendships between boys and positive role-models.
• To challenge unhelpful attitudes, and abusive behaviours.
• To address strong feelings and confusion about masculinity.
• To strengthen community partnerships.
• To link boys and men to local supports.
• To facilitate enduring mentor friendships.