Berry Street looks after thousands of Victorian children and young people who:-
• have been denied the most vital ingredient for human development - a good childhood;
• cannot live safely at home because of traumatic family violence, serious abuse and neglect;
• will not recover from what has been done to them, unless they urgently receive the help they
need and deserve.
Soaring rates of substance use, family violence, child abuse and neglect mean that increasing numbers of Victorian children are suffering terribly.
We need to act now, so that:-
• more children experience a good childhood that equips them to become healthy,
• our community will be a better, safer place to live for all of us - with less crime, mental illness,
substance abuse, violence and homelessness.
Berry Street is different because:-
• we never flinch from tackling the hard issues;
• we choose to work with those children, young people and their families who are hurting the
most and who have the most complex needs;
• we are absolutely determined to restore hope and trust to the lives of the children in our care.