1. Gold Coast: It is one of the world's most popular holiday destinations known for its sunshine, golden surf beaches, beautiful broadwater, popular restaurants and cafes, exciting theme parks and accommodation for all budgets.
2. Personal challenge: The Gold Coast Airport Marathon provides people of all ages and abilities with a personal challenge - it could be to run a distance, run a personal best time, fundraise for a cause or just run.
3. Health and fitness: Training for a marathon or any of the races on the program will increase your physical activity levels and you will learn more about nutrition as you strive to be in good physical condition on race day.
4. Fast, flat and scenic course: The marathon course runs next to the Gold Coast's surf beaches and broadwater and has a reputation as one of the flattest and fastest courses in the world, ideal to strive for a personal best time.
5. Awesome running conditions: The weather conditions in July on the Gold Coast are traditionally great for running – low humidity, little or no wind in the morning with temperatures ranging from 10 to 20 degrees Celsius.
6. International status: The Gold Coast Airport Marathon is a member of AIMS (Association of International Marathons and Road Races) with the courses certified by the IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) and Athletics Australia.
7. Spectator support equals 'Runspiration': You will be inspired and motivated by the huge crowds cheering for you – it's called Runspiration to get you to the finish line.
8. Fundraise for a cause: The official charity is Cancer Council Queensland or fundraise for a charity of your choice at the Everyday Hero fundraising website.
9. Rewards for finishing: Finishers are rewarded for their personal achievement with a commemorative medal, shirt and certificate - collector's items for those who come back from year-to-year or travel to running events around the world.
10. Meet running legends: Ambassadors of the event include Australian running legends and sub 2:10 marathon runners Rob de Castella, Steve Moneghetti, Lee Troop and Pat Carroll, and there are many opportunities to meet them over the weekend.